Our Times

Writings of Susan Ople aka Toots, columnist of Panorama Magazine and Tempo, proud mother of Estelle and 7 dogs, namely, Picasso, Monet, Suzy, Miggy, Marty, Chandler and Joey. Daughter of the late war veteran, journalist, writer, labor minister, constitutional commissioner, senator, senate president, and foreign affairs secretary Blas F. Ople aka Ka Blas.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Because I write

Because I write,
I live with extraordinary people
Who don’t exist
Except upon my say so.

Because I write,
Words come and go
Like happy tourists
Travelling without a map


Because I write,
I ponder, and in the melancholy
Of my dreams, I cry

Because I write,
A choir of words
Give music to my pen

Because I write,
I can tuck the world
In bed and create a new one

Simply because,
I write.

3 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice poem. i miss writing... the last time that i composed a poem was when i was in the Writers' Club of the DFA..

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Toots Ople said...

i hope you'll pick up the writing habit again soon. i do miss our writers' club! thanks for dropping by!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger morninggirl said...

A beauty in its simplicity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home